Sunday 1 January 2017

2016

Happy new year everyone! I think we can all agree 2016 was a shitstorm, with deaths of so many amazing people and unexpected events, however for me 2016 was a year of personal growth and I was lucky enough to enjoy so many incredible experiences; I hope new year will be filled with more positivity for the whole of the world and am excited to see what 2017 brings! Sorry for being so inactive recently, I've been so busy for the past few months so here is a breakdown of the rest of my 2016.





Back in late April I flew to Sicily with my friends and had such an amazing time thanks to all the wonderful people who made it such a fun experience. We visited the island Vulcano which was crazily beautiful with views of the deep blue sea from the top of the volcano and sulphur being emitted from the crater. Towns such as Taormina and Siracusa offered fantastic views of the surrounding landscape and ocean and were very authentic, filled with Italian charm. The sea was surprisingly warm and we enjoyed many dips before we had to return to freezing England!! :(







In July, my family and I stayed with my aunty and uncle in southern Spain. We visited a mountain village with stunning views called Ronda and went on a day trip to Seville (where it reached an intense 46 degrees!!) and wandered through the gardens of the beautiful Alcazar.
It was great spending time with some family I don't see very often and we got to relax by the waves.







My grandparents went abroad for the first time in their lives!!! We took them on a cruise around the Norweigan fjords as they felt more comfortable sailing than flying and I'm happy to say they loved every second. It kills me that they've only just begun to discover the world, but I'm so happy that they are now and are still having as much fun as possible! The ship sailed to many parts of Norway including Stavanger, Olden, Andalsnes and Bergen, all which were stunningly beautiful and the fjords themselves were really quite a sight, especially for my grandparents!








Just before Christmas I went to Iceland with my family to celebrate my moms 50th birthday! Honestly it was some of the best few days of my life as I was lucky enough to partake in some once in a lifetime experiences and fulfil a lot on my bucket list, such as swimming in the blue lagoon. I can't believe how blessed I am to have seen the Northern lights and I can't describe how beautiful they were in real life. Iceland is such a beautiful country and is home to so many natural wonders, you simply have to go!!!

So the rest of my 2016 was pretty incredible and I take for granted all these experiences and the people that surround me all the time. I feel so blessed and thankful for everything, here's to what's to come in 2017!!

Megan x

No comments :

Post a Comment